What do you usually do when your spouse or partner is out?
Tonight is one of the nights when my future husband is not around and at times like this, my mind is at work. I have listed some of the things that I do in his absence and the things that pops up into my head as I sit beside the bed, listening to my baby’s snore and watch the empty space in the room which my hubby used to occupy when he is home with us.
- Often times I think of you, I reminisce the moments our our First Times: the first time I met you; the first time we greeted each other; the very first topic we talked about; the first time we had our deep conversation; the first time we played Alternate Question and Answer and how we ran out of questions to ask.
- I write about my day in all the journals I keep. (When you are around, I have less time to write because I am preoccupied by your presence. I love staring at you when you sleep.)
- I keep on planning what to do when you arrive and I even practice on how to greet you in different ways. Honestly, I look like a fool that I am glad you are not here to witness this.
- In my mind I have a lot to do, a lot to fix, a lot to organize–in my mind.
- I talk to our Jon Siegfried (our son) when no one can hear and I tell him all bout our experiences.
- I list all the food I would want to cook alone and all the food I want to cook with you. I keep thinking of that list and I have memorized it. Again, I could not write it on some paper because it is as precious as it seems to me that I am afraid I would lose that piece of paper one day. I might forget where in the world did I put it and then it might end up in your hands and I would not be glad about that because I am keeping that list a secret from you so I could share it with you when we have our deeper conversations again.
- I often look at the mirror and doubt about my appearance. I put myself down in a while and then encourage myself back up again just to pass the time.
- I always plan on scolding you about your computer games and to get really mad at you when you arrive that I even sweat the heat of anger. But I always end up with a smile and have already forgiven you the moment I saw your face.
Those are just few of the crazy things I could remember for now. My eyes are heave and I want to go to sleep. I shall say good night for now.
So, do you also have some crazy things to share whenever your partner is at work or simply not where you could see him or her?